Tuesday 1 January 2013

More Sierra Loja adventures from John and Jenny

Alpine Accentor Acentor Alpino Prunellacollaris (PHOTO: John Wainwright)
Whilst I was competing with scramblers and dubious car loads of men on my trip up the Sierra Loja on New Year's Day, John and Jenny Wainwright seem to have had a clearer passage and once more managed to find the full thrush set, including Song Thrush, once again.  Very frustrating from my point of view to have missed out yet again!  In addition, they also managed to find a small flock of between 15 and 20 Alpine Accentors.


Next time I think I will ring John before I set out on the long journey.


Birds seen:
Alpine Accentor, Blue Rock Thrush, Ring Puzel, Blackbird, Fieldfare, Song Thrush, Redwing, Mistle Thrush



Check out the accompanying website at http://www.birdingaxarquia.weebly.com for the latest sightings, photographs and additional information.

No comments:

Post a Comment