Thursday 3 June 2021

Algarrobo Costa

Thursday 3 June

the warm weather is with us which brings disturbed sleep so up and out on my river walk by 7.30 and just one earl morning dog-walker seen.  The deciduous trees are now in dense leafage so more a question of listening and looking for movement to try and fix with binoculars.  Early feeding Pallid Swifts above the local apartment blacks as I start my walk and within minutes very many Collared Doves and the local, raucous Monk Parakeets.  The first of four Spotted Flycatchers put in an appearance along with a single Great Tit.

Spotted Flycatcher papamoscas Gris Muscicapa striata

Moving through the more open trees I noted Blackbirds and a trio of Wood Pigeon up in the old, bare tree. A couple of Spotless Starlings on the wires and then a few low-feeding House Martins.  Having noted the pair of Goldfinch I was soon entertained by the arrival of low-feeding Barn Swallows.

This Wood Pigeon Paloma Torcaz Columba palumbus is still away with the fairies!

Approaching the lower weir a Hoopoe was seen on the far side of the river and then I was into the House Sparrow territory. No sooner had I seen my first Serin than I was under the motorway and I suspect that there are at least two nest as a quartet of feeding Crag Martins were recorded.  many more feeding Barn Swallows before reaching the upper ford before turning round to retrace my steps.  A Greenfinch was spotted on the fires and a further quartet when I reached the lane outside the sewage works.  In the meantime, a single Red-rumped Swallow was flying upstream as I approached the football ground and on the top of a pylon beyond the plastic greenhouses a couple of Rock Doves.  The final bird of the morning was a White Wagtail walking along the top of a plastic greenhouse, presumably looking for a means of entry!

Distant record shot of Serin Verdecillo Serinus serinus

Bird seen:

Rock Dove, Wood Pigeon, Collared Dove, Monk Parakeet, Hoopoe. Pallid Swift, Crag Martin, Barn Swallow, Red-rumped Swallow, House Martin, White Wagtail, Blackbird, Great Tit, Spotted Flycatcher, Spotless Starling, House Sparrow, Serin, Greenfinch, Goldfinch.

A pair pf loving Collared Doves Totola Turca Streptopelia decaocto

One of very many Monk Parakeets Cotorra Argentina Myiopsitta monachus

Check out the accompanying website at http://www.birdingaxarquia.weebly.com for the latest sightings, photographs and additional information

No comments:

Post a Comment