Wednesday 4 June 2014

Wednesday 4 June

Making a quick visit to Velez de Benaudalla to check on post, etc I decided to make a brief stop at the Gualalfeo on the return journey.  No sooner had I left the village than a Golden Oriole crossed the road in front of me and upon arriving at the picnic site there were at least two calling from the surrounding trees along with Nightingales in the reed beds near the river itself.

Both Barn and Red-rumped Swallows were feeding over the water and, in front of me at the water's edge, I could also see both White and Grey Wagtails feeding.  Lots of Chaffinches and Blackbirds about along with the resident House Sparrows who continue to nest in the dry drainage channels in the opposite wall but, sadly, no sign of the Dippers which have had a traditional nesting site here for many years.  Perhaps they were away feeding; I hope so.

Spotted Flycatcher  Papamoscas Gris  Muscicapa striata


On the other hand, it was also lovely to see so many Spotted Flycatchers about and then, to finish, I also had a Collared Dove and couple of Coots.


Check out the accompanying website at http://www.birdingaxarquia.weebly.com for the latest sightings, photographs and additional information.

No comments:

Post a Comment